Low back pain affects most of us at some point in our lives. We also get other aches and pains but why do we think about back pain differently? Is it the way we talk about it? Do we not understand it well enough?
Below are the 10 things we consider and advocate when helping a home visit client with low back pain:
1. Don’t panic if you get back pain, even on a few different occasions
2. Don’t rush for treatment that may have negative side effects
3. Don’t be put off by medical jargon and opinions
4. Don’t worry about what you read and see in MRI reports
5. Don’t be fooled by quick fixes
6. Remain active and avoid bed rest
7. Return to usual activities
8. Exercise helps to reduce pain and prevent future episodes
9. Stay at work or go back to work as quickly as you can
10. Remember it is the person that needs treatment not just a spine
For more information read the article below. It will help you to better understand back pain and recover faster!
If you are looking for a mobile Physiotherapist in the Sutherland shire or St George region, please get in touch.